It seems like since Audrey was born, there have only been a few precious times that all four of us could hang out together and just have fun.
Usually, Phil has the kids while I am doing chores. Or I have the girls, while he is working. Sometimes we split the girls up, and Phil runs an errand with Kristen while I nurse and change Audrey. Or I run to the library with Kristen while Phil stays home with napping Audrey.
But on the rare occassion that all four of us get to stay home and play together, we have sooooo much fun. We ignore the laundry, dishes, bills, etc and laugh together. One of my favorite moments of being a mom, so far, is listening to both girls giggle at the same time. Kristen has learned how to tickle Audrey (without annoying her and truly making her giggle) and this makes Kristen so happy, she in turn giggles.
One of our favorite pastimes is chasing Kristen around the living room. She giggles and squeals and has so much fun. And she loves being caught. We grab her and kiss or tickle her. Audrey crawls around or spins around watching her big sis. Audrey gets such a kick out of watching Kristen.
The other night, right before bed, we were reading our usual bedtime story and parting ways. Daddy was taking Kristen downstairs to brush her teeth, change her clothes and get in bed. I was preparing to nurse Audrey and lay her down for the night, and Kristen said, "All four of us love each other."
And she is most definitely right.
2 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I think that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. She's always been super-articulate, but she's so sensitive and sweet and aware, too! Love your awesome family. GREAT action pics. :-)
what a sweetie. and sweet that she knows that and perceives that...precious indeed.
great post :-)
Post a Comment