Thursday, July 23, 2009

TEN HOURS and FORTY MINUTES

We never thought this day would get here, but PRAISE THE LORD, my Sugar Cookie finally decided to sleep through the night! I laid Audrey down at 8 and she fussed until 8:15. I did not hear from her again until 6:55!

And where might you ask, did she perform this amazing feat ?




Not in my arms!!!!



Not on her father's chest !




Not on the living room floor.



Not in her swing (she never did, hated the thing most days)






Not in her carseat !



Not in her boppy.



Not in her bouncy seat.






Not in my bed !!!!!!!!




Not in her sister's bed





Not on a pile of blankets on the floor.






Not on the twin mattress we bought in desperation.



But in her own room, in her own crib!!!! Thank you LORD !!!!

12 comments:

Beth said...

Praise the Lord! Did you feel refreshed this morning? I am glad you finally got some sleep! We will pray that this continues.

Anonymous said...

That is outstanding! Praise the Lord indeed! Here's hoping and praying for more restful nights to come, for all 4 of you!

-Uncle Ben

Bethany said...

Oh

my

goodness

praying so much for this. i'm crying reading your post. i kept scrolling down wanting to see the words "in her crib" but the other options kept coming and so i'm laughing at all the pics and incredibly anticipatory for the climax and then i finally got there.
glorious.

:-)

Andrea said...

HALLELUJAH!!! I am so proud of our little niecey, and so excited for you guys! We won't stop praying now, though! :)

Unknown said...

WOW!!!!! That's incredible. God is SO good. I can't believe it was almost 11 hours!! What a breakthrough. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hallaleuia!! or however you spell it.
Susan says she is praying this sets a new pattern and is not fluke.
I will pray also for your and Cecilia's health sake.
Hugs to all
Sue and Bill

Lindsey Maloney said...

GREAT NEWS! We pray it continues!

Jereme Zook said...

That's great to hear about the long night!

Monica G. said...

Woot Woot! I'm so glad for you and hope you had a restful night of sleep!

Monica

becky said...

"Yippee!! Yippee!! Sounds good."

Helen O'Neal said...

WOO-HOO! how exciting! HALLELUJAH!!! Very happy for you guys...

Uncle Bryan said...

Oh wow, that is so great! I didn't get around to reading it till tonight, but I am so happy to hear that. How has it been since then? I really hope it was not a one time deal.
It was good to talk to you last weekend. Sorry to catch you at dinner time. Hope youre doing well. ill keep praying that she gets into a good sleeping habit now.