"I love your hair. You have pretty hair. I have pretty hair too." as she pet my hair and stroked my cheek at bedtime.
" Thank you for our food, Lord, and for our friends, and for our sores, and that we get some rest and for our children and for our hearts. Amen" while lying in her bed after I had left the room at naptime.
"You look like a princess" to me after I showered. (Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder... but I am so happy that she sees me that way!)
"I love this woman called mommy" to me, after returning from a quick errand with her father.
I treasure these words in my heart and try to remember them when she is saying ugly things in an ugly tone... which is more the norm the last few days. Quotes like these remind me of who she really is during this trying time of "terrible twos."
4 comments:
What a sweetheart! You can tell that she's being raised in the fear of the Lord, and THAT is a beautiful thing!
Yeah... i posted a comment, one point for me - op, two now! :)
I, too, love this woman called Mommy!!:) She's awesome!!
Precious, as always. LOVE those prayers. She's sure listening, huh? I love her copycat phrases of yours. And where did she get that "woman called mommy" bit? So cute!
Post a Comment