Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kristen and Audrey, the Science Girls




The girls and I LOVE Sid the Science Kid on PBS.  It is a cute show with upbeat, happy characters who sing and dance and geniunely like each other.  Sid, the main character, is a preschooler who is curious about the world around him and how things work.  The episodes start with Sid asking some question about his world, like why can I smell my baby brother's diaper when he is in the other room or why does putting my hands over my ears block the sound of my baby brother's screaming or (one of my fav's) why do the pancakes look darker and taste different when Dad cooks them?  After Sid asks his question to his mother, father, grandmother or preschool teacher, the selected adult teaches him (usually through an experiment) the answer to his question.


Kristen and I (with the help of Audrey) have copied several of Sid's experiments and had so much fun learning about science.


Where did my ice go ?



Why does my ball fall ?



I never thought I would have so much fun teaching science. 

No comments: