Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

This was Kristen's third Christmas and for the second year now she really enjoyed helping decorate the tree. She and Momma did most of the decorating while I was at work one day. When I got home, Kristen announced "we saved some ornaments for you!" So I promptly put them on the tree with her and enjoyed that moment. Little did I know that the moment was not really over. Later that night, she again announced "we saved some ornaments for you, Daddy." I was not sure what else to say, since we had already put them on, but I tried to show my appreciation. This happened multiple times over the next THREE DAYS (I am not exagerating!). I was not sure what exactly caused her to say it so many times. I would like to think that she had such a holy, memorable time putting ornaments of Jesus and his family on the tree that she just had to keep repeating...but probably she is a little young for that yet...

This photo with both girls in their cute little dresses was taken after the Christmas Eve service. We all dressed up and planned to take some family photos, but it did not QUITE work out. In this here cute lil photo, Kristen looks all happy and smiley....it was about the only such moment all night!! Overall she is a happy girl but not so much on this particular night. But you know what? This was a good lesson for Dad and Mom to make sure we engage fully in the celebration of JESUS and not worry too much about a small thing like a blown photo opp:)

> We love it when our family comes to visit. Unfortunately, this Christmas, Aunt Marty, Nanna and Charis all got sick with the flu. As a result, we had little time to play with everyone. Oh well, hopefully we will all get together again soon.

Here are the cousins enjoying a few minutes together.


These last three were taken on Christmas Day when we went to visit a neighbor. I (Phil) just had to include these because she was so darn cute all bundled up purple and happy, and because it shows our white Christmas (even though it was little more than a dusting...still it was snow), and because I like reminders of Christmas, and because...nevermind, I'll stop there:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cute. I love the first walking shot. I feel like she's contemplating something deep... (Erin)