Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Recent PACK highlights

Hey, this is Phil comin at ya on a Tuesday evening. These two little cuties of ours are growing rapidly and excitedly. I'd like to share some recent tidbits:
1. About five minutes after we finished bedtime tonight, Audrey came out and announced: "I need to go potty." So I took her in there and helped her get situated (she recently graduated from the kiddy seat, by the way, and using the same porcelain throne as the rest of us). Indications were that she might be a little while and I didn't want to stay and rile her up at the late hour, so I told her I would be back in a few minutes. When I returned, she was getting up and she told me, "I think my body didn't feel like peeing or pooping."

2. Our sponsored child Kavishka has a birthday coming up. WorldVision sent us a card we could sign and send him, but knowing that Kristen is a great card-creator, I suggested that maybe she could make him one. Sure enough, when I arrived home from work, she showed me the card she had made him. and then there was another white piece of paper that she said was for him, too. She said, "See Daddy, I wrote 'Jesus loves you' in case he doesn't know." Oh, the heart of a child that knows nothing of the worry and reluctance and excuse-making that I often let keep me from boldly telling people the simple, profound truth that Jesus loves them. Oh, that my lovely wife and I and others in her life would genuinely fan the flame of this young heart that wants to share the GOOD NEWS!









3. Audrey has a favorite Bible story of late. If I'm telling the story of David or Esther or Jericho, etc, inevitably some part of the story triggers her to jump in with "and God parted the waters so the people could walk through. GOD did that!" I love the enthusiasm and her emphasis on the most important part! Oh, that we fan that flame and impart to her the truth of a God who wants to work in and through her life just as powerfully and lovingly as He did in the lives of the Israelites those thousands of years ago!

4. Finally, Kristen Joy had another milestone this evening.



1 comment:

Bryan said...

I bet that Kristen is 5 feet tall!