Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blessed




 

What a great morning!  First, I woke up to an adorable face just inches from mine, asking me if she could get in my bed and cuddle with me.  (Note :  the face is adorable if it enters the room after 5:30.  Before that, I am not as appreciative of the request.  But on this morning the request was made at 6:00.  Yay for sleeping in !!!)



As we cuddled, kissed and giggled, Audrey fell back to sleep. This left me with a rare quiet time that I enjoyed, praying to God, thanking Him for my family and asking Him for patience and wisdom in my parenting and a productive day. It was great to have those minutes, to focus on Him and soak up His love, peace and joy.



           Around 7 o'clock, Kristen came in and joined the cuddlefest.   But only for a few minutes, as they were both hungry and ready for breakfast.





After breakfast, my sweet four year old gave me a great big hug and told me several silly secrets. 






My morning got even better as I read a fun little note left on the counter by my wonderful and thoughtful husband.  I am so fortunate to have a husband who loves me so, encourages me, appreciates me and prays for me and my day. 



And just when I thought my morning couldn't get better, when my cup was already overflowing with joy, a fun song came on the radio.   Kristen smiled at me, giggled a little and asked me to dance.  And I LOVE dancing with her, so I put down the dirty dishes from breakfast and grabbed her hands and began to twirl, jump, spin and dance all over the kitchen floor. 



I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a wonderful family and many fun mornings like this.

No comments: