We made at least 6 trips to the grocery store in that many days on our vacation. Grrr. But Kristen loved it because they had a grocery cart her size.
On the first trip, we only bought a few things because we were not sure if we were going to stay the whole week. Audrey did not sleep well, even by her standards, and we just weren't sure we should stick it out.
Thankfully the next night was better, not much, but enough to warrant staying the week and having some family fun. So Kristen and I headed back to the store for the rest of the list.
And the other four or five trips were for Daddy's snacks and chocolate milk. I think he went through a pint a day.... but I guess he didn't plan on that, because he only bought a pint on each trip. ;)
2 comments:
this post made me laugh.
last year she said "Couple blueberries?...have 'em??"
probably said a lil more this year.
Actually, I bought HALF-GALLONS of "chokut milk" at a time, but even those turned out to be too small!
I loved watching Kristen use the little kid-sized cart. The first time she was SO excited. She wanted to put ALL our items in her cart, none in mine! At one point we had to leave our carts in one aisle and walk over to another one to get mustard. She was so anxious to get the mustard in her cart that once I handed it to her, she RAN back to the cart:) Too bad none of our local stores have similar carts. somehow an otherwise old-fashioned (and LITTLE!) Apple Market in the dinky little town of Branson has them, but our mondo grocery stores in metro KC don't...??
Daddy
Post a Comment