Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Redeemer Lives!








Easter is our favorite holiday at the O'Neal house! We get to celebrate the fact that the tomb is empty and Christ is Risen!!

As most of you know, the last six months have been hard and the last two months have been incredibly tough. As sleep deprivation has added up, patience, physical and mental abilities, and rational thought have all decreased.

But praise God, we are still making it. His grace is holding us up through this tough time. Both Phil and I have been praying for wisdom, grace, patience, courage and much needed sleep.

Where is God when it hurts? Where is God in the tough times? He is in the hearts and minds of His people. In the last week alone, friends and family have been the hands and feet of God to my family. I thank God for my wonderful support system. I thank Him and His servants for the encouraging emails, the phone calls, the playdates, the girls' night out at Borders, the meals prepared for us, and all the prayers.



I am sooo thankful for my baby girl, Audrey, even when she keeps me up all night. She is wonderful, happy and healthy. I am thankful for my eldest daughter, Kristen, who is full of energy and girly happiness. And, wow, did God give me an amazing husband. Thank you God for helping me find this wonderfully compassionate, patient, loving, godly man.



This Easter I am most thankful for a Savior who is not in the tomb, but here with me in these trying times. I thank God for His presence in the middle of the night, when I am tired, aggrivated and so confused as to what to do next. I am thankful for a Savior whose love can never be taken away.


HE IS RISEN INDEED!

No comments: