There is a long-standing tradition in the extended O'Neal family of enjoying fresh sweet corn in the hot summer. Kristen and Audrey pitched in with the prep-work.
"Daddy, I think you need to get this one started for me."
"Almost done with this one! There sure are a lot of hairs on these corn cobs."
"Ah, the fruits (or should I say veggies??) of our labor"
(You might have to forgive Daddy for that CORNY joke!!)
"Daddy, I know you already cut some up for me and you said something about how last time I wouldn't eat it straight off the cob. But I'm going to try it on the cob anyway."
"Yeah, I will leave that on-the-cob stuff to Lil Sis over there across the table. Knife, please."
"Daddy says that when he was a kid, his parents brought home corn that had been picked from the field earlier in the day and that it tasted great that way. The man at the farmer's market said this corn was picked yesterday. Hopefully it tastes good enough for Daddy's high standards!"
1 comment:
i love sweet corn! nice pun Cecilia!
Post a Comment