Friday, March 4, 2011

She said...

It's time for Daddy to actually pitch in to this blog effort (thanks, Honey, for all your hard work!), even if only briefly.
Some of my favorite recent quotes:
A couple nights ago, I was reading to K & A at bedtime. After the first book finished, i reached for the next one but Audrey said "I wanna read it." Then she opened it up and said "Tooty, tooty, tooty!" with that little grin on her face that I just absolutely love. Big Sis of course thought this was hilarious, even more so than I did.

As Cecilia wrote on another post, one of the songs we like to sing at bedtime is Jesus Loves Me. Well, one night i decided to sing Daddy's Paraphrase and instead of "me", i inserted "Kristen and Audrey."  Kristen was cool with the revision. Audrey, on the other hand...not so much. Immediately, she reached her little hand for my mouth and tried to stop me, can you believe that?:) And she said what sounded to me like "That how it goes." I believe she actually meant to say "That's not how it goes", and "That" was a toddler pronunciation of "That's not". i kept trying to use the substituation but she kept objecting. however, after a couple nights of trying again, she warmed up to the idea and now the girls like to sing "Yes, Jesus loves Audrey and Kristen and Nathan and Jonah and Savannah and Tyler and Haley and Tyler and baby Mailee," or some other list of their friends' names. In fact, it's to the point where we have so much fun with the paraphrase that some rowdiness often ensues.  but sometimes it's worth it:)

After Audrey falls down, if she finds out there's no damage, she'll announce, "I'm OK."

That's all I have for now. Peace out.

PS Thanks, Honey, for the delicious french toast breakfast!!

No comments: