Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nicknames

The other day, I was playing in the living room with Kristen and Audrey. Kristen was hiding in her Thomas the Train tent and I asked her, "Where is my little red head ?" and she popped out on of the windows and laughed. A couple minutes later, she hollered from inside, "where's my little brown haired girl?" It was very sweet.





At night, when it is my turn to lay Kristen down for bed, we have a ritual of saying goodbye. After the teeth have been brushed, and the books have been read, I pray and tuck Kristen in. As I turn out the lights and head out the door, I say, "Good night Kristen. And she responds with "Good night, Mommy." I say, "I love you Butterfly," and she responds, "I love you Ladybug." "Night night cold stuff." "Night night hot stuff." And as I am closing her bedroom door, I tell her one last time, "Good night Carrot cake," and she replies, " Good night Brownie."


P.S. Daddy is a Lion, a Hot Fudge Sundae and Studdly Stuff. Audrey is a Ladybug (the same as me,) a Sugar Cookie, and Cute Stuff.

1 comment: