Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Love for Books







>
Kristen typically gets at least one book read to her before laying down for naptime and bedtime. The book in this video is Blue Hat, Green Hat, otherwise known as "Oops!" Kristen has memorized several of her favorite books. As you read the words, she will mouth the words along with you. If you read the words incorrectly (on purpose to test her, or on accident because you are sleep deprived), Kristen WILL correct you. Apple Tree Farm and Jungle Book are two of her favorites. I think she could quote to you, word for word, the whole book (This is Phil chiming in. I tried testing her with Jungle Book...I substituted just ONE incorrect word on each page, such as lion in place of tiger, and she nailed EVERY ONE, even when I merely changed "wolf family" to "wolf pack"). With several other books she can "just" finish the sentences after you start them.

No comments: